Friday, December 1, 2017

christmas card set - tim holtz

I believe today's is the last card set made for this year's neighbor gifts! Unless I get more ideas I have to try out ;) Using Tim Holtz today (Christmas Memories and Mini Holidays #2) and an old technique.

I revisited the brayering on glossy cardstock technique. Although I used photo paper and it ain't glossy cardstock. Watch for the cracks that happen when the heat embossing tool heats the coating too much and it suddenly sounds like you're making popcorn. Not to mention the not-yet-melted embossing powder that then flies off the panel you're holding in your hand ...







Note to self: Invest in glossy cardstock. Or don't heat emboss with this technique. BUT HEAT EMBOSSING  AND THEN BRAYERING OVER IT WAS THE WHOLE IDEA. If it looks like I was shouting, I was. It was an interesting crafting session, let me tell you. I have a neighbor who's all about blue so I really wanted to do this set for her. Oh well, I'm callin' it the vintage look...

Thanks for looking! If you've stuck with me through all this you're a real trooper. So now it's on to the other TO DO list items. What's next on your list? Mine's cookie baking.

I'm joining these challenges:
SSS Wednesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - AG with optional doily

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Hey, I have plenty of mishaps too. lol Though, I do the same thing...just call it something new. Vintage look sounds good to me! ;) Honestly, these are FABULOUS!

Teresa Kline said...

super cute cards, luv the designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...so many wonderful cards. I have that jolly Santa, just love the look he creates.

Tracy Freeman said...

Some really lovely creations, the tartan tree is fantastic I love it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Anita in France said...

Cool and artsy, Maria ... that little tree is fabulous! To do items ... still Christmas card making at the moment!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...