Friday, October 6, 2017

kaleidoscope 1

It's been a while since I played with a background stamp. I'd forgotten how much fun they can be. Especially one this fabulous.

Kaleidoscope
You may have noticed I'm using my Pinterest board for inspiration this month, and this photo totally inspired today's card.

source: susan sullivan ceramics
See the B/W, blue and touch of gold? Check. (And did you notice those organic shapes? LOVE!)



A MISTI came home with me this summer and what a dream it is to stamp images without panic that the ink coverage won't be perfect. Especially with background stamps. Inked and stamped three times for this perfect coverage.

I platinum heat embossed a scrap of blue (be sure to use a large enough piece for some wiggle room if you want to make the pattern match up!) and die cut You which I adhered flush to my card. A platinum heat embossed secondary sentiment from Hello You completed my design.

I'm playing at:
Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge #81 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Dark colors
Craft Stamper - Take it Make it October

4 comments:

Emma Williams said...

A beautiful, elegant card and I love how you've created that background, it looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Anita in France said...

Yay, you gave a home to a MISTI, Maria ... isn't it just brilliant! Your card is a stunner ... that background is indeed glorious ... and the rich metallics with that gorgeous blue in the sentiment make it shine! Hugs, Anita :)

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a very impressive card !

Linda said...

Gorgeous design. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...