Saturday, October 1, 2016

MMCC #28

New month, new challenge over at the Mixed Media Card Challenge. This month's theme:


I must admit this card's been in my stash. Kinda forever. But there's something fun about it I thought you might enjoy. It's a way to use up some of your scraps.


I dry embossed a black panel with a Sizzix embossing plate. I stamped a CHF sentiment (before Kim Hughes started Paper Smooches she designed for CHF). And I die die cut and offset-layered the you from a Sizzix Bigz die.

I spent oodles of time punching those little confetti pieces, but saved some time by using some spray adhesive along the bottom of the card (masked the top) and dumping on the confetti. I only used glue to place the individual pieces at the top.

Technique - dry embossing, die cutting
Texture and dimension - dry embossing, textured CS

Black and purple? Why not make a mixed media Halloween card and join us over at the MMCC this month?

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's delightful!!

shirley-bee said...

Fun card - I like the quick-fix idea of spraying adhesive and chucking the confetti on!

cm said...

How fun is this confetti-sprinkled card! Only very much so! The offset You...charming!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...