Thursday, September 15, 2016

altenew watercolor wonders part 2

Another Champions League soccer game last night for DH, another session with Altenew's Watercolor Wonders for me! If you haven't checked out the Challenge Blog Hop yet, you definitely should.


I found inspiration from three  challenges participating in the hop - Curtain Call, Altenew's September Challenge and Virginia's View.



Isn't that fall bouquet gorgeous? Watercolor Wonders was perfect for my first card. Incorporated the woodgrain with dry embossing on my cardbase and the colors in my stamped array of blooms. Gave it all a spritz of Perfect Pearls/water mixture (love that shimmer!). Fussy cut around the blooms and adhered the panel with foam adhesive. Heat embossed sentiments from Super Script.

On a side note, the more you work with a set, the easier it becomes. I started this array with the red bloom (used SSS Lipstick Red, Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Altenew Grapevine - what a mix, eh?) and then the next largest bloom (Altenew Caramel Toffee and Paper Bag) and so on. There are so many blooms (and leaves) in the set you can choose the one to fit the next space as you progress.

On to my second card.






For my second card I pulled out yellow, blue and red spray inks from Kesi Art and sprayed, misted and splattered some CS that I then stamped with Wild Hibiscus. Fussy cut the blooms and adhered them to my cardbase which I'd colored using Warm Sunshine dabbed onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water and pressed down. I'd also stamped the blooms and a couple seed pod images from Striped Florals - don't you love how they match the sketchy feel of the blooms? A simple little sentiment from Hennah Elements nestled perfectly into my design.

I'm entering the first card at Addicted to CAS cuz I used "Harvest" colors. And both cards at Addicted to Stamps and More where it's Anything Goes.



Tomorrow I'll be back with LOTS of CAS Christmas fun on the CUTplorations blog hop. And I'll be sharing the results of my session with Altenew's Watercolor Wonders and Paulina's 10 Minute Craft Dash. Yep, she revived it for the Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop!!! Happy Thursday!


13 comments:

Esther said...

More gorgeous cards, Maria! Super layouts and colours. I love the vibrancy of the first card, and the woodgrain background really adds a gorgeous layer of texture. The splatters against the blue flowers on the second card look stunning. Love them both :) Esther

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Gosh - love both of these! I was ga-ga over the first one, then I had my head jerked up on the second one! I love the dark blue fading away and the sprinkle surprises! Excellent work on both of them!

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply stunning cards...gorgeous flowers.

Ashwini Rao said...

Mind blowing, Maria! I don't know where you come up with these ideas, but you sure do make a blast with them!! What amazing cards!!!

Virginia L. said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun creating...these are two GORGEOUS cards! The ink splatter and spray add SO much, don't you think!!? So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Susan said...

What a beautiful card. Love how you stamped your flowers in pretty fall colors. Just perfect for the challenge at ATCAS! Thanks for sharing!

Bobby said...

I love seeing all the creative ways crafters use Altenew stamps. Both of your cards are wonderful. I love that you cut around the flowers to show the woodgrain and I'm glad you shared that card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

papierelle said...

Traumhaft schön Deine zweite Karte. Es ist mein Lieblingsstempelset von Altenew!!

Anita in France said...

Gasp, Maria ... such gorgeous florals ... bold and stunning on the first (where I love the cutting around them) ... delicate and spritzy on the second! Excited to see the next installment! Hugs, Anita :)

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you embossed part of the first card
to set off the flowers. The colors of
the flowers in the second card are wonderful.
thanks for sharing two great cards.

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved win at Addicted to CAS, Maria! Your watercolor flowers are so gorgeous, and I love how you added texture to the background with your woodgrain embossing! Your 2nd card is also really beautiful! You did an amazing job with your sprays...the colors are so striking, and I love your choice of flowers!

hellerlittle said...

Glückwunsch zu deinem STAMPlorations Gewinn bei ATS !!! *gg
Zwei wunderschöne Karte !!!!
LG hellerlittle

Anke said...

Zwei traumhaft schöne Karten, zum Verlieben *seufz*

Begeisterte Grüße
von Anke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...