Tuesday, July 26, 2016

STAMPlorations inspiration #87

Here's my contribution to today's Inspiration Post over at STAMPlorations. It was this mess I saw laying around on my workspace which led to my card ;)


Saw that sunburst and thought it would pair well with little Kathryn from Kathryn's Big Wishes.
I actually had to  die cut the sunburst again from thinner paper, and centered so I could ink through the negative without messing up the rest of the panel.

TIP: First I used the positive to line up my design on the panel die cut with Crazy Double Stitched Rectangles and then placed the negative over it with temporary adhesive. Pulled up the positive and inked through the negative. Here's a photo.

That's how my sunburst ended up in the right place for Kathryn to hold the sentiment from Noteworthy. I thought a sentiment about dreams was appropriate for a little girl with her eyes closed.


My sunburst was inked with Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and a touch of Shaded Lilac. I partially colored Kathryn with yellow and lilac Copics, and gave her a little bit of gray gravel to stand on. Definitely need practice with that!

Heat embossed the sentiment in white, but didn't like it so went over it with Versafine black and then clear embossing powder. Not great, but I'm callin' it a "save". Added splatters of the two yellow colors after I masked Kathryn.

I attached the panel to a light orange cardbase. Notice on the photo below how the color shows through the wonky stitching cut into the rectangle. Cool, eh?


Remember to leave a comment over on the STAMPlorations blog to be in the running for a $10 GC to the shop. Thanks for visiting me and Kathryn today.

5 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I see you have been drinking ;) - helps me with my cards, too :) - Lovely dreamy effects - makes me wish I had that stamp set.....

Ruth said...

I adore your cards!! They always give me ideas - and now I've got into stencils, I definitely need to try more. Gorgeous blending and I love that the little girl is holding onto the sentiment - I kind of like the double effect. Bit hazy, like my dreams :) xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the sunburst "stencil" -- cute with Kathryn :)

Happy Dance said...

Great idea, Maria. I love the idea of positive/negative die cut for a stencil. You've reminded me with this beauty that I should do this more often. What a sweet sunburst, and that little Kathryn is adorable. As for your 'save,' it looks like shadow stamping to me; win-win!! Darling and happy card. Bev

Daria Z. said...

Wonderful card, Maria! I love that such a little bit of color can make such an impact!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...