Wednesday, June 22, 2016

MMCC #24 - reminder

I've got a card for you today, inspired by the "Sunset" challenge still happening over at the MMCC. You still have time to play with us until the end of day June 25th.


Once again, I have a card using sunset colors.


Trimmed CS panel. Inked it with Wild Honey Distress Ink. Used a die cut of PTI Chevron plate as a stencil to ink with Spiced Marmelade. Applied Ripe Persimmon through Prima's Perforated Dot stencil. Spritzed with bronze Perfect Pearls mixture. Splattered with water. Applied Versafine through the Crafter's Workshop Henna Hand stencil. Die cut “u” (Lifestyle Crafts) from vellum and put the negative on my panel. Placed the Crafter's Workshop dot stencil over the negative and applied Versafine through both.. Die cut Sizzix “love” and adhered it. I just love me some graphic images!

A closeup so maybe you can catch the shimmer of the Perfect Pearls. I love that stuff.


So although I didn't actually use stamps, there's lotsa ink on my card as well as:
TEXTURE - die cut and shimmery surface
DIMENSION - die cut and the depth of the various inked layers
TECHNIQUE - die cutting and stencilling

Not sure this fits the bill due to that die cut sentiment, but I'm joining the "Stencil" fun over at One Layer Simplicity. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Suchi said...

LOVE the eye!! So striking! :)
Suchi xx

SD pooja said...

What a Clever card !

Kara Lynne said...

I love the bright orange background with all the various stenciled shading! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...