Thursday, October 24, 2013

pti october bloghop (PTI)


Welcome to my post for Papertrey's October blog hop. A day early cuz I've got something to share with ya'll tomorrow ;)  The deets?  It's all about tags.  At least five of 'em. Quite the practical challenge, IMHO.

Now you may have seen a shot of my extremely messy laundry/craft room in the video Nichole posted to wrap up the 2013 Stamp-a-Faire.  I never actually saw it because Germany has a hissy fit about some music in videos and copyright issues, so I couldn't view this particular video.  But my bud, Kelly G., told me she recognized my messy room  in the video.  How embarrassing!


This is a shot of it today.  May I add that it's orderly - bought myself a silverware organizer to hold my little bits.  Since it's easier to move to the side, maybe I'll iron more often. Not. Anyhoo, it's those bits that this challenge helped me to reduce.  Yippie!  Not the best work I've ever done, but I'm happy that some of these pieces have found a place in life and it's not on my ironing board.




If I had to pick a fave it'd be this one.  Considering it started as a zillion little leftovers from projects I kinda like how it turned out.

Looking forward to see what you've created, especially how you treat the ribbons/twine for the top. I started using Maile B.'s method awhile ago, but hope to discover something new.

TIP:  Those little Cutter Bee tweezers (next to the scissors in the photo) are great when you're tying tiny bows - like having a third hand.

Enjoy the hop.  Tomorrow.


Supplies tags:
Paper: kraft and scraps
Stamps:  sentiment PTI Wreath for all Seasons, mistletoe WMS
Ink: Versafine, gold Delicata
Tools: tag and merry dies PTI
Other: crochet thread, ribbon, sequins

22 comments:

Hannelie said...

Your tags made stare!
It's fabulous!

Hannelie said...

Sorry... made me stare :)

Unknown said...

Lovely tags! Good use of all those bits. So, what's this news that has to wait till tomorrow, huh?

Wida said...

curious about tomorrow now! do love the display of tags :)

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous tags - love the mistletoe one.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What wonderful tags!!! I {heart} them!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wait, I just bought a big bag of marshmallows, now all i need is some Christmas music and i can join in...oh, that would be fun, making holiday tags with you! I love them all Maria!
Thank You for inspiring me tonight ;)

Darnell said...

Mystery woman, you have turned our little community on its ear by hopping ahead of schedule and teasing us about something even better on tomorrow's horizon! I have my breath all bated and while I wait, I'll continue to drool over your darling tags! You've done a masterful job of using your bits and pieces and snippets in making these mini works of art!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your tags!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh these are fun!

BethieJ said...

LOVE all the tags!!
Have a GREAT day!

Tanya Boser said...

Cute tags! Way to use up the bits and pieces :)

Kirsty said...

Fabulous tags! You have inspired me to go and use up all my little pieces.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great tags - I yet have to make some....

Anonymous said...

What a great use for your scraps! My fave is the black on kraft one. And I'm always on the hunt for new ways of tying the ribbon or twine on the tags too :)

Michelle said...

Maria, these are fabulous! Yay to getting bits and pieces onto tags and off the ironing board, LOL!

Marybeth said...

Maria these tags are wonderful ,nice way to use up some bits of extra! Love the way you did your bows!

Kristii said...

So creative and contemporary! Love them!

Nancy Penir said...

Don't know about best work, but it's sure up there at the top! And a messy workroom is a sign of bliss! Favorite? Bottom left with the wreath, tree and candle. So cassing it!

Joni Andaya said...

Love all your tags Maria...each one of them are fabulous in its own ways :)

Joyce said...

Fab collection of tags. Your laundry room looks way way more fun than mine, by the way!

Martha said...

Maria, I absolutely LOVE all your Christmas tags!
The colors are fabulous with the "kraft"! Well done!

OH, what a FUN laundry room, & what a clever use of the silverware organizer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...