Tuesday, July 16, 2013

parade of rejects: quince hues (CFC)

Back to the rejects.

So, there was this submission call to create cards using Design Seeds color palettes.  Love those.  But to create a card based purely on a color palette (no white or black allowed!) is truly challenging for me.  So many possibilities and that makes my life SOOO difficult.  I cannot wait to see the cards selected for that issue!

I went with a design I had used earlier and made a baby card cuz I thought the colors would work.

Image Credit


quince welcome baby

Some misting, some PP circles, some stitching and sequins.  A less-than-perfectly-aligned stamped sentiment... was that the kicker?  Or too many colors in the PPs.  Don't know.  Never will.  That's OK.  It's been used already :)

I'm joining the challenge at CASual Fridays #109 cuz I've got dots even if they're not doing the polka.

Thanks for watching.  More from this series to come.


Supplies welcome baby:
Paper: CS Papermania, PP October Afternoon
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Ink: Glimmer Mists spray ink, Versamagic
Tools: punch EKS, sewing machine
Other: sequins

7 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fantastic card! Great design! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tenia Nelson said...

I just LURVE this, girl!! You ROCK!!! That is all.

Happy Dance said...

This is gorgeous! Can't even tell the sentiment is askew...not one bit! This is a wonderful interpretation, and I don't know if I could make a card without white or black. You did, and it's fantastic! Bev

Deb said...

Maria, hugs to you! This card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Well, I love this one! It's so "PC" too...confused

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha on your dots not doing the polka! Wouldn't you love to have feedback sometimes on the cards that don't get selected? It would be so helpful, but understandably not practical. How difficult to not use white. But you managed it! The stitching and sequins are wonderful. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Lindsey said...

Oh, I love this one, too! And I'm still chuckling about your dots not doing the polka comment. Hee! Thanks for making me smile (both with your card and the comment).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...