Wednesday, July 24, 2013

parade of rejects: jewel tones

This is the point of every vacay where I start to get melancholic.  Nearly time to head back "home." Hmmm, where is home?  I love life in Germany but I love life in Michigan too.  Barefoot and happy from the moment I step foot into my folks' house.

Anyhoo, I've another card for you of the Design Seeds type... just can't find the original color palette to share with you.  Again, white and black were prohibited (black was one of the colors in the palette - so I chose it).


make some noise


Now this is probably a good example of less-than-perfect embossing.  I think it was better in real life, but the photo sure looks grainy.  But I like the feel of the "bubbles", as in champagne, as in party, as in "let's make some noise."

Chose my CS, did some dry embossing, punched some circles and added some party confetti, alias sequins.  Are they already passe I wonder?

Have a happy day.


Supplies make some noise:
Paper: CS DCWV and Papermania
Stamps: sentiment Casual Fridays
Ink:  Versamark
Tools: circle punch EKS, embossing plates Sizzix
Other: sequins, embossing powder

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous graphic design! LOVE those fab sequins.

Unknown said...

You have to stop calling these rejects...they're so awesome! Love the textured circles...perfectly placed and great colors.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh those embossed circles are just wonderful!! And the flow is right too. From the beginning I've hesitated adding sequins, knowing that they will be passe since they are so darn popular, but they seem to just add the perfect touch. Flat, sparkly, tiny, textured ... what more can you want?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...