Saturday, March 9, 2013

kate spade (RIC, CFC, Moxie Fab)


Kate Spade - now this is a designer I could love.  Tailored fun.  How's that for a description?  You should check out her other outfits at style.com.


Image Credit
My initial take was "stripes, see-through panel in the middle with a funky stamped image on it, strip of yellow."  Yeah, the DT had the same idea...  Off to the mental drawing board.  I zoomed on Barbie's t-shirt and LOL - a polka dot handbag, a pink sprinkle donut a hot dog and a gray poodle.  (I seriously WOULD LOVE to own this t-shirt.  If I see the price I'll probably choke...)  This is what evolved.


Used an older sketch from CASE This Sketch.  The B/W stripes had to stay.  The yellow became more than a mini skirt.  Red and white polka dots?  I can't refuse.  And the fun and funky came to play in the form of speech bubbles and the pink sequins.

Also playing at:
CASual Fridays - #92 Color Blocking (though I'm not sure this really qualifies...)
Moxie Fab - The Speech Bubble Challenge

Have a great weekend, friends.



Supplies thank you:
Paper: CS American Crafts, PP echo park
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink : Versafine, Versamark 
Tools:  heat tool
Other: sequins, pin, speech bubble sticker Pebbles



19 comments:

Unknown said...

Maria, this is FANTASTIC! You took that image apart and reconstructed it in such a cool way. I love your interpretation!

Wida said...

I love the vibe of your cards, fresh combo of design elements :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Girl.....I so LURVE this!! You just made my day with this card!! That is all.

Darnell said...

What can I say? Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! I love how your mind works!!

Brandi said...

So cool! Love how you added the sequins!

Marlena M. said...

This is so cool, Maria~the sequins are a great touch!

Unknown said...

So fabulous, Maria!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Awesome card!

Christina said...

This is fantastic! I shy away from bright colors, but they look amazing in this design. And what a clever way to incorporate the sequins. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lindsay said...

Wow Maria! This is one fabulous card! LOVE it! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Geri said...

I'm with Darnell....winner, winner chicken dinner! Focusing on "Barbie's" t-shirt was such an awesome idea! I darn near fell off my chair when I saw the sequins threaded on the hat pin! Now this is sheer creative genius!

Unknown said...

I see definite color blocking going on here. I love the pink on black speech bubble. The black/white stripes, bold yellow and red/white dots all add up to perfection in my books!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Maria! Modern, groovy, CAS! Love it!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful interpretation, Maria! The use of Speech Bubble stamps and colors are absolutely superb! So glad that you join the fun with is at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Deb said...

Maria, this is awesome! I love the stripes and the added bit of pink. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Definitely a winner - I love this! The sequins on the pin is so inspired!!
Congrats also for being the Moxie Fabber - I loved reading about you.

Kelly Griglione said...

The pink sequins with the pink sentiment is so darn smart ... fantastic focal point you created. Really love this one, Maria! So glad you joined the CASual Fridays Challenge this week.

Pamela said...

Oh wow! I really love the sequins going through the pin like this!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Speech Bubble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...