Friday, January 4, 2013

holidays in a nutshell (Crafting for all Seasons)


I think I've forgotten how to write a blog post.

I didn't intend to take such a gimongous break from blogging.  Really.  It just happened.

My  holidays in a nutshell:  tree cutting, cookie making, cookie eating, tree lights mishap, online gift ordering, cookie eating, mailman greeting, present wrapping, MIL hostessing, cooking, cookie eating, drinking, more drinking, afternoon walking, grooming horses with DD, driving DS here and there, movie watching, raclette-ing, fondue-ing, shopping for a new refrigerator which went kaputt on Christmas Eve, oh and a new vacuum, did I mention cookie eating?

And actually it was a wonderful, relaxing holiday season :)  And as you can see we did get the tree up and decorated!

Wanted to share with you one of the last designs I came up with on the fly when I realized I needed about 10 more Christmas cards to send out.


Went with the rustic PTI CS and holly leaves from WMS.  Embossed some red berries (I know... holly berries are white  ETA: duh! mistletoe berries are white! of course holly berries are red!) and added the cool sentiment from Autumn Leaves in gray.

Hooking up to:
Crafting for all Seasons - Green/Red plus glitter/sparkle

Thanks for coming by again this year.  Big hug.  I wish you and yours a happy and healthy 2013!!!



Supplies for winter Wonders:
Paper: CS  PTI
Stamps: Waltzingmouse, sentiment Autumn Leaves
Ink : Memories, Versafine
Tools: corner rounder EKS
Other:  embossing powder Ranger

9 comments:

Geri said...

I've been wondering about you, Maria! Sounds like your holiday was perfect!! Except for the lights, of course! This card is absolutely gorgeous! A perfect, PERFECT CAS card! I just love it!!

Michelle said...

A new fridge for Christmas? Yay! I hope you didn't lose any of your food when the old one went kaput! At least you had a cookie, or two, to make you feel better. ;-)

Your card is so lovely! I've just spent several minutes staring at it! I didn't know holly berries are white, so I'm more than happy to see them (and stamp them) in red, LOL! Happy New Year, Maria!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is a lovely card, Maria! I thought Holly berries were red?! Maybe I've only seen some imitation ones - but I love the colors together and you have artistic license!
Hugs!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

First, the tree picture is gorgeous--love the tinsel. I'm glad your holidays were enjoyable (well, except for the fridge going out--ugh). Second, your card is breathtaking. The embossing is a perfect detail, and you're enabling me with that sentiment stamp. Off to check it out. *hugs* friend!

Karen B. said...

I was just in NC and there holly bushes were blooming-with red berries! So I think you are ok (at least in my book.) Beautiful card!

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card, thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Bianca said...

This is such a fab card (and a wonderfull Christmastree!) Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

Colleen Dietrich said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Maria! I am a bit late on these wishes. :) Our holidays were SO busy, and they were lovely, but I felt tired at the end of the break -- NOT what I wanted. LOL

You ate lots of cookies too, eh? I've put on more than a few pounds because of the rich foods!

Love your simple holly card. :) Best wishes for a wonderful 2013!

Unknown said...

Big hugs to you too! Love the layout and vertical sentiment! Happy 2013!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...