Sunday, November 11, 2012

a CAS(E)ing dash (CAS(E), 10min Craft Dash)

I knew this would be tough.  I 'm not even couting  the "idea" time-  which was basically the time between looking at Sketch #5 at CAS(E) this Sketch, taking a shower and then making the card.  And still... 14:40.  Geez.


I'm blaming it on the alpha die that I had to break apart to get my letters.  And putting drops of glue on those die cut letters.  May I say it again.  Geez.
Needed a congrats card for DD who just attended some weekend workshops to become a certified trainer's helper for little girls' gymnastics.  But ideas just weren't happening.  So actually, after my venting above, let me say that this was actually a great success.  14:40 rarely happens in my cardmaking world!

The colors from 10 minute Craft Dash- easy - Distress Inks and masking with post-it notes.  What to do with those three circles in the sketch.  How appropriate that  DD's name can be shortened to three letters.  Inlaid die cuts (a la JJ).  Forgot to pull out my sentiment stamp before starting and that actually caused a backup cuz I thought I would use a CHF rubber stamp but then panicked that I couldn't line it up properly so opted for a Stampendous clear stamp.



All in all, I'm happy.  Hope you're having a happy weekend too.



Supplies for congratulations:
Paper:CS Neenah, recycled packaging
Stamps: Stampendous
Ink : Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools: die Memory Box
Other: 



13 comments:

Karen B. said...

This card is a stunner. Wow. So simply clean and beautiful. The colored ban compliments your letters so perfectly! Congrats to your daughter as well.

Wida said...

I struggle with sketches. All I could think about was sticking ornaments there because Lisa Arana suggested it. This is a cool take on the challenge!

N@ Ali said...

fantastic sponging and your three letters are perfect! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

~amy~ said...

such a fun card...love your take on the sketch!

lostinpaper said...

Oh My, can't believe you made this sooo quickly, it would have taken me hours of procrastination (and then I usually would go with my original plan anyway... maybe I could learn something from that). Fantastic design, and those metallic letters are perfect!
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Bumblebee said...

I know the feeling. My first attempt at a craft dash my timer went off after 10 minutes and it was nowhere near finished!! I always take a root in my die cut box and scraps box as there's usually something in there I can use which doesn't eat into the time. Love your sponging though!

Michelle said...

I love it! 14:40 sounds pretty quick to me! Your card is gorgeous, Maria!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Your card was well worth all the struggles because it's WONDERFUL! Love the gradient strip and the shiny metallic letters look great!!! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Unknown said...

Love your masking and ink blending!

Paulina said...

This card is so beautiful! I LOVE that gradient distressed strip and those metallic letters are so amazing. Your daughter is going to LOVE this card!

Thank you for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll join in the challenge again!

Darnell said...

Wait. What? However you got there, I agree that this was a success! I totally love the CASiliciousness of it! A perfect card for any autumn-time occasion. Hmm, do you suppose that's why they made the word autumnal?

Lisa Arana said...

Oh.my.gosh... LOVE this! What a great way to personalize a card. thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Hilary said...

Lovely and unfussy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...