Monday, September 24, 2012

soft and lovely (CPT, I am Doe, Jay Gee's Nook)

Another quick post to show you a card I made based on the sketch/image over at I am Doe.  Couldn't get this out of my mind.  So many elements I love.  The softness, the typography, the squares and washi.




I used the colors from the color challenge at Creative Paper Trade cuz this photo is just so lovely.  And I used a bit of my scraps from this card I made using a digi notecard from CPT.


And the inspiration board from JayGee's Nook (those pastel "nail polish" dots) has stuck in my head since I first saw it.


Here's my card.  One layer and lovely.


Know how I achieved that soft and lovely look?  Stamping off before stamping the images on the card.  And then I gave the entire card a light layer of white acrylic paint.  Ta da.  Applied the circle and washi over that.

I'm parking this over at Simon Says Stamp's blog because I'm in love with this little stamp set from American Crafts.

Thanks for looking.



Supplies thanks so much:
Paper: card base Papermania, digi paper Creative Paper Trade
Stamps: American Crafts, triple square and bracket sentiment Hero ARts
Ink:Jenny Bowlin, Versafine
Tools: punch EKS
Other: washi Rayher., acrylic paint

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

lovely work...great idea on the white wash...looks excellent:)

Geri said...

You've used some great inspiration for this, Maria, and it has such an awesome look!! LOVE the 'white wash' look you've achieved! And what a match to that sketch! And not only your colors, but your linear design also fits our challenge so well!! Sweet, sweet card!!! Really appreciate your support and linking up to CPT...so glad you're having fun with us!

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE the softness of your card,the repeated patterns and those sweet sweet polka dots in your washi tape! Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Paper Trade!

Jay Gee said...

Maria this is so cool! I love the white wash look - thanks for the idea. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Unknown said...

What a perfect take on the inspiration photo. I adore the soft faded colors and perfectly placed images and tape. This is so pretty!

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card! And love all the different elements and the soft colour.

JESSICA said...

Great use of colors on this beautiful card! Love the washi tape and the small circle! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Creative Paper Trade first challenge! :)

Wendy said...

Great card, Maria. Love the soft colors with that white wash effect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...