Wednesday, April 4, 2012

eggstra for you



Here I go again nearly missing a challenge deadline, although I've been intending to play along.  Ugh.


Display our button

Maybe it's a good thing I was tardy, because just today it dawned on me that my girlfriend's bday is actually on Easter Sunday.  I pulled this card together quickly last night to join the Play Date Cafe challenge.  Same thing happened today.  But I'm happy with the result - although not my photography.  The card is really white ;)

The inspiration photo was all about green and white to me. Not my normal colors. But it's so cute because of the pops of colors in the bunnies' ears.


 
I needed a bigger element for my image than the PS stamps I own.  Checked out the free digi stamps here and chose the feather figuring it would be good in white.  Was going to go with eggs along the bottom and the "eggstra" sentiment (love Kim H's humor) for the Easter bday idea to bring in the color from the bunnies' ears...

Enter my buttons.  I remembered that I now own a button die which I had never used.  Shame on me.  I think the buttons pop better than stamped eggs would.  Not sure what the feather has to do with buttons, but oh well.

Dry embossed the feather.  Layered it on some corrugated cardboard and added a strip of chartreuse too.  Opted for a white heat embossed sentiment rather than black.  Rounded a corner and voila.

Oh, notice how I fuzzed up the ends of my twine.  Like the bunnies' tails ;)

Am also hooking this up to Coredinations color challenge although it was March.  Gorgeous photo.



Happy day.


Supplies for you:
Paper: CS American Crafts, Coredinations, corregated cardboard stash
Stamps: digi feather and sentiment Paper Smooches
Ink: Versamark
Tools:  die Marianne Designs, embossing folder Cuttlebug, corner rounder EKS
Other: white twine, white embossing powder, foam dots

5 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, this is lovely!! I looove the big white feather, great idea to use a digi for that! and the color pops in the buttons make it so happy!! Very nice!
Hugs, Wendy

Geri said...

Maria, I'm a little behind, but I wanted to thank you for your recent comments on my blog...so nice to hear from you! This card is SO nice! I love the CAS look with those bright and cheery colors! Also, your TP embellishment on the previous post is amazing! I've never seen anything like it and I love it! Thanks again so much for visiting me!

Jenny said...

Wowee I just love the string of buttons Maria and the digi feather looks great embossed (thanks for reminding me about the digis, I need to get this one ).
The colours are eye-catching on this brilliant card :0)
Jenny x

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is super-cute, Maria! I love those button die cuts, and the felt ones, too, and the jaunty way you arranged them over your feather. :)

Kimberly said...

This is really cute! I love all the texture on this card and the subtle embossed sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...