Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dylan's words on sympathy (distress inking)

Check out this inspiration photo at For Your Inspiration #27:



Having grown up on Lake Huron, I know to be very wary when the sky looks like that.  Perhaps that is why the photo was my inspiration for a sympathy card.


Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  A mask for the moon.  A mask for the hills.  An applicator tool.  Two stamped trees from Stampendous.  A computer generated sentiment covered with sheer black ribbon.

BTW - the card is for a music-loving, concert-going friend whose father passed away.

For more on this technique, go to the source.  Kittie C. is one talented lady.


Supplies death is not the end:
Paper: Neenah and American Crafts
Stamps:Stampendous
Ink: Distress Inks Ranger, black Versafine
Tools:  circle punch EKS
Other: Post-Its, PC, ribbon Buttinette

10 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Maria, this is a fab take on the FYI challenge pic! I was just over there to see it, and you've played along so quickly! At first, I thought you typed the sentiment on the ribbon and thought, "How did she do that??" But, ah, now I see your trick. :) The sentiment and the feel of the card go hand in hand.

Hugs for your friend. :(

Karen B. said...

That is a neat trick for the sentiment! I think sympathy cards should be beautiful and serene, and you've definitely accomplished that here!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I love how you made the sentiment--really clever! I've never seen that before. Gorgeous blending! I love your take on the picture.

Thanks for the sweet commment over on my blog. I love your cards! I'm a new follower. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I like the way the sentiment is under your ribbon! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Cristina said...

Hi, Maria! Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. Just wanted to answer your question about Fresh Inks. I love them for clear stamps. They're my favorite pigment ink on the market right now (I like Colorbox, too, but find they dry out very quickly) and would recommend them without reservation. My favorite dye ink for clear stamps is Memento. Hope that helps! xoxo!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

What a beautiful Sympathy card. The background creation is excellent and a wonderful interpretation of the inspiration photo ! Greetings, Shirley

dstandard said...

How beautiful - great sympathy card! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Sara Mac said...

What a beautiful and haunting card. I love your take on the photo inspiration. Thanks for joining us at FYI.

maria f. said...

Helps a lot. Now just have to see who sells them on this side of the pond. Thanks Cristina.

Michelle said...

Maria, your card has given me goosebumps! It is so wonderful, and so perfect for your friend. I'm sure they appreciated it. Thank-you so much for joining us at FYI!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...